Become A Provider
What is the Quality School Services Marketplace?
It’s a solution! A solution born out of a group of charter and traditional schools that were seeking higher quality services for their schools. Led by Innovators in Education, the marketplace was envisioned as a connecting place for schools and providers who see themselves as part of the solution to quality education! Our goals include working with a community of chartered and traditional public schools to challenge the status quo and raise expectations for quality education. We aim to collaborate with others on efforts to lead high quality education for every child in our state. The Marketplace is designed to connect schools to quality providers. Providers in The Marketplace bring innovative solutions to help schools reach their goals while supporting schools with research, web-based tools and other value-added services. With a built-in rating system for each provider, driven by the experience of the market, quality assurance is maintained within the Marketplace.
Who is the Audience of the Quality School Services Marketplace?
All Schools – An Expanding Market
Blazing the path for innovation, the Michigan charter school community continues to grow. With 300 charter schools operating across the state, serving over 140,000 students, your involvement with charter schools can have significant impact. Charter schools are operated under autonomous boards and operate on low overhead staffing, making marketplace relationships vital to their success in educating the children they serve!
Traditional Public Schools – Expanding Autonomy
As reform takes place across the state, a growing trend is in allowing for greater autonomy in decision-making at the school level. DPS, the EAA and other conversion models have entrusted each school to make key purchasing decisions. Recognizing the value that comes from building relationships, setting expectations and having a shared vision with a provider, schools are seeking out providers that understand their needs. The days of a low cost bidder contract award are no longer. The challenge now is to provide a fair price and spectacular service that keeps student success as a shared vision!
Advantages to Becoming a Provider
We are committed to connecting schools with quality businesses to support their growth and sustainability. We have learned that schools want centralized access to a range of businesses that will help them improve their operations and more effectively serve their students. Below is a list of frequently asked questions about the Marketplace Program.
- Will my company be listed on the website? Your business will be listed in our Marketplace categorized by the product or service that you provide. Website users can also search for you based on geographical region. The Marketplace also offers a rating system so that you can gain continuous feedback from your customers. There is no better referral system! Tell the organizations you work with to provide their reference of exceptional service.
- What can I do to educate the market on my company’s product or service? Our Marketplace allows you to share resources through your company’s profile. We encourage you to use this section to educate schools about how your product or service can be utilized through the sharing of best practices, tutorials, videos, or informational handouts. Also, be sure to utilize your customized mailing list to contact this market through your own print marketing and direct communication.
- Will I receive email addresses on my customized mailing list? Unfortunately, we do not provide email addresses at this time, as we have received feedback from our schools that email is not their preferred method of contact from businesses. We can help you identify your target market if you are new to the marketplace in order to get you off to the right start. An updated mailing list is available once per year as well.
- What additional opportunities for exposure does the Marketplace offer? There are many additional opportunities available to Providers throughout the year including sponsorship. Not only do we provide a multitude of sponsorship packages that are customizable at the Innovators in Education conference, a key exposure opportunity, we also provide other opportunities year round including advertisements!
- When will my designation as a Provider begin? The dates for Providers within our Marketplace Program are rolling. You can access your benefits as soon as we receive payment. Expiration of the program expires 12 months from the date your status commenced.
- Can I use the Innovator’s in Education logo or Marketplace logo on my materials and/or website? Unfortunately, these logos are copyrighted and can only be used by for purposes as we see fit. We do encourage you to reference the Marketplace and to send your future customers to the site to see the value you can offer!
Click here to contact us with questions.
Become A Provider Application Form